The Retail Store at the MIA is seeking candidates with excellent customer service skills to fill two part time sales positions. Sales Associates are responsible for engaging and inviting visitors to enjoy the store at the MIA, while contributing to our mission of community enrichment. These positions have varying schedules that include Thursday evening and weekend hours.
Thursdays 10:00 a.m. to 9:15 p.m.
Fridays 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturdays 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sundays 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
In this role, you will…
- Greet and engage visitors while projecting a helpful, warm and friendly interaction.
- Provide style/design recommendations and assistance during each guest’s shopping experience.
- Deliver excellent service while striving to act in the best interest of the visitor.
- Actively contribute to the growth and development of the retail team.
- Participate in the cultivation of a teamwork-focused environment.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform essential functions of the job.
- One to three years of experience in the field of retail or other customer focused environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide an excellent visitor experience.
- Strong communication, organization, problem solving and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to work well and pleasantly with the public in a fast paced environment.
- Highly motivated and task oriented.
- Ability to operate sales register and make accurate transactions.
Who You Are
You have an outgoing and engaging personality and thrive in a fast paced and high service environment. You have a keen eye for visual aesthetic in a retail environment.
You’re good at and enjoy…
- Providing excellent customer service.
- Assisting customers in selecting merchandise.
- Having fun while building relationships with customers and always acting in their best interests.
To be considered for this position, please send the following:
- A cover letter including your interest in the position, what you will bring to the position, and why you are the ideal candidate.
- A resume outlining your educational and professional experience.
Mail: Attn: Human Resources, Minneapolis Institute of Arts, 2400 Third Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55404
Fax: (612) 870-3263