The Human Resources Specialist is in charge of the accuracy of employee data in the Human Resource Information System (HRIS). Enters all employee changes and runs reports as needed. Coordinates the recruitment and hiring process with managers. Provides diverse administrative support to the Human Resources department.
In this role, you will…
- Enter all Human Resource related changes into the HRIS system including salary changes, new hires, terminations, pay grade changes etc. Correct or update data in HRIS as needed to maintain complete and accurate information.
- Develop custom reports as needed for unions, government reporting, internal use, etc.
- Coordinate the recruitment process with managers to make sure paperwork is complete and policies are followed.
- Process all background checks and prepare new hire paperwork.
- Act as first point of contact for Human Resources department to answer questions, provide assistance or direct to appropriate staff member.
- Provide administrative support for the department such as maintaining files, scheduling meetings, taking minutes, etc.
- Functions as backup to Payroll/HRIS Manager and Human Resources Manager.
- BA in related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two plus years of Human Resources Generalist experience and database management experience.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to handle multiple priorities and interruptions and work under deadlines.
- Ability to interact positively and professionally with staff at all levels and the public.
- Good judgment in reference to policy interpretation and implementation.
- Knowledge of laws related to hiring.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills.
Who You Are
You are a highly organized person that can easily handle multiple interruptions during the day. You embrace technology and all that it has to offer in order to make processes more efficient. You see the big picture but can also manage the smallest details. You love being part of a small service-delivery department and are not afraid to step outside your role to help out your team when needed.
You’re good at and enjoy…
- Helping people.
- Using your attention to detail skills to keep all employee data up-to-date and accurate.
- Enforcing organizational policies and maintaining confidentiality.
- Using your organizational skills to keep track of all the steps in the recruiting and hiring process.
- Working and being patient with all types of people.
- Handling multiple, sometimes competing priorities and meeting deadlines.
The Minneapolis Institute of Art is an audience-focused workplace where everyone strives to provide excellent service and cultivate honest and positive relationships. Generosity, agility, emotional intelligence, positive energy, and driving results are the core values that define Mia’s culture. Successful employment at Mia includes full embrace and consistent demonstration of these values by all team members.
To be considered for this position, send a cover letter including your interest in the position, what you will bring to the position, and why you are the ideal candidate, along with a resume to email@example.com.
Deadline for submissions is Friday, December 22, 2017.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER