In consideration of the health and welfare of visitors, volunteers, and staff, Mia is temporarily closed to the public. Learn more here.
Give your students an artful experience.
Bring your class to Mia! All school group tours are FREE! Choose from a selection of popular topics for tours of the museum’s permanent collection. Your tour guides will work with you to make connections to your classroom. School groups may also take tours of special exhibitions free of admission.
Requesting a tour is easy.
Whether you wish to request a guided tour or reserve space for a self-guided visit, complete a tour request form to ensure availability for your group.
Friends Transportation Fund
The Friends Transportation Fund is funded by both a Friends Transportation Endowment Fund and the continued support of the Friends of the Institute through their Buy-A-Bus Program. These funds combined, cover the costs for approximately 5,000 children each year to visit the museum for educational tours. Click here to apply.
Visiting the museum is exciting.
To prepare your students and chaperones for their visit, please review and share these guidelines, videos, social narrative, and self-guided activities:
- Group Guidelines and Responsibilities Guided Tours for Schools
- Group Guidelines and Responsiblities Self Guided Visits for Schools
- Download the Social Narrative for guided school groups. It will help prepare your children for the visit through images and text and will cover important things to remember, such as Mia rules.
- Activities and scavenger hunts for self-guided groups
- Learn more about Preschool tours
- Learn more about STEAM tours
“Your Trip to Mia” video in English, Somali, and Spanish
This video walks students and chaperones through the experience of visiting Mia as a group and provides museum rules so that everyone knows the expectations before they arrive.
We look forward to seeing you and your students at Mia!