The museum is temporarily closed, and planning to reopen January 28. Learn more.
3M Art and Technology Award
3M Art and Technology Award Competition Rewards Innovation and Imagination
The 2017 application cycle is now closed.
Generous support provided by:
Coming Fall 2018
This fall, visit Mia to get lost in a world filled with dueling secret societies, cryptic messages, and hidden clues revealed with the help of augmented reality. 2017’s 3M Art and Technology Award winning idea, Riddle Mia This, lets you experience the galleries as a giant puzzle room that turns art into clues. Learn more.
The best entries showed:
- Innovation and creativity – a “wow factor” – something that’s not been done before
- An engaging user experience with potential for deep audience engagement
- A meaningful connection to community
- Broad accessibility for many audiences, including those historically under-served
- Opportunities to go beyond the museum’s walls
- Feasibility, including the practical needs for implementation
- The capability, availability and skills to implement the Project described in the Entry
- An ability to communicate ideas clearly
- Previous success at similar efforts
The 3M Art and Technology competition recognizes artistry and innovation in the field of technology. As partners with shared interest in how technology, design and experience come together to enrich arts and culture, 3M and Mia are pleased to collaborate on this exciting program. Thanks to 3M for their generous financial support of this program.