Weddings to work parties, board meetings to brainstorms—there are many reasons to hold an event at Mia, and many one-of-a-kind spaces to choose from. A Twin Cities landmark located in the heart of downtown Minneapolis with ample parking, Minneapolis Institute of Art is the premier destination for one-of-a-kind experiences. Your event supports the Minneapolis Institute of Art.
Contact us today to start planning.
Your event supports the Minneapolis Institute of Art.
A Modern Twist on a Classic Setting
Mia offers versatile indoor and outdoor event spaces, spectacular views of the iconic Minneapolis skyline, full-service technology in state-of-the-art rooms, and one of the finest art collections in the country—from Rembrandt to van Gogh, Monet to Matisse, Asia to Africa—all within a beautiful, historic campus. We offer an extensive list of caterers to choose from who will work with you to curate the perfect menu for your event.
- • Mia Events Team support during the planning process
- • Onsite, day-of-event supervision
- • Private access to designated galleries for Friday and Saturday evening rentals
- • Event set-up and strike
- • Event Security (events over 300 attendees require additional security
staffing at $50 per hour per guard)
- • Staffed coat check
- • AV equipment: wireless or handheld microphone; data projector; laptop;
podium, speakers, iPads
- • Media technician (up to 4 hours)
- • Event signage
- • Linens for non-food and beverage tables (caterers provide linens for tables
with food and beverage)
- • Decorative lighting
- • Extensive furniture inventory: tables, chairs, high and low top cocktail tables,
portable bars, and soft seating
- • Complimentary My Mia Membership