The museum is temporarily closed, and planning to reopen January 28. Learn more.
Weddings to work parties, board meetings to brainstorms—there are many reasons to hold an event at Mia, and many one-of-a-kind spaces to choose from. A Twin Cities landmark located in the heart of downtown Minneapolis with ample parking, Minneapolis Institute of Art is the premier destination for one-of-a-kind experiences. Your event supports the Minneapolis Institute of Art.
Contact us today to start planning.
Your event supports the Minneapolis Institute of Art.
A Modern Twist on a Classic Setting
Mia offers versatile indoor and outdoor event spaces, spectacular views of the iconic Minneapolis skyline, full-service technology in state-of-the-art rooms, and one of the finest art collections in the country—from Rembrandt to van Gogh, Monet to Matisse, Asia to Africa—all within a beautiful, historic campus. We offer an extensive list of caterers to choose from who will work with you to curate the perfect menu for your event.
- • Mia Events Team support during the planning process
- • Onsite, day-of-event supervision
- • Private access to designated galleries for Friday and Saturday evening rentals
- • Event set-up and strike
- • Event Security (events over 300 attendees require additional security
staffing at $50 per hour per guard)
- • Staffed coat check
- • AV equipment: wireless or handheld microphone; data projector; laptop;
podium, speakers, iPads
- • Media technician (up to 4 hours)
- • Event signage
- • Linens for non-food and beverage tables (caterers provide linens for tables
with food and beverage)
- • Decorative lighting
- • Extensive furniture inventory: tables, chairs, high and low top cocktail tables,
portable bars, and soft seating
- • Complimentary My Mia Membership