Edible Book Festival 2017
If you have a taste for books, join us for a free family-friendly event hosted by Mia’s Library Affinity Group.
The International Edible Book Festival has been held annually since 2000 in many countries around the world. This is the first time the festival has been held at Mia, and quite possibly also in the Twin Cities. Edible books must be at least 75% edible (though we will not be eating any of these books; they will only be displayed). Your baked goods (cookies, pies, cakes, or other goodies) may, but do not have to, resemble a physical book. Your entry needs to refer to a well-known book that can be recognized by your design. Your edible book can be a pun on a title, or it can reference a book character(s) or a book theme or concept. The idea is to have fun and to be creative. Submit your own entry to be judged, or just stop by, enjoy refreshments, and cast your ballot for the winner in the People’s Choice category.
Schedule of Events
11–11:30AM: Pre-registered entrants (up to 40) bring their creations to the Friends Community Room, Target Wing, first floor, Mia. No entries admitted after 11:30 a.m.
Noon–2PM: Event opens to the public. Entries will be on display for viewing, judging, and voting.
2PM: Awards given for best entries in three categories:
- Most Creative
- People’s Choice
2–2:30PM: Light refreshments. We will be serving a special “Edible Mia Book Festival” cake, decorated to look like the cover of Mia’s new collection catalogue, along with coffee, water, and lemonade.
2:30–4PM: The festival continues. Also, visit Mia’s Library across the hall from the Friends Community Room to view interesting books about food and art.
4PM: The festival ends.
Submission Guidelines: Limit is 40 entries, so register early. DEADLINE EXTENDED: Wednesday, March 29th at 10:00 PM
- Dimensions, including the base, cannot exceed 9” x 12”.
- Only one entry per person.
- Must be at least 75% edible.
- Must refer to a well-known book that can be recognized by your design. Your edible book can be a pun on a title, or it can reference a book character(s) or a book theme or concept.
- Doesn’t have to look like a physical book.
- Refrigeration will not be available.
- Drop off between 11 and 11:30 a.m., Sunday, April 2. No entries accepted after 11:30 a.m. Remove entries between 4 and 4:30 p.m. Anything not picked up by that time will be disposed of.
This event is sponsored by the Library Affinity Group.
Ready to submit your entry? Fill out the entry form below. We will accept the first 40 entries.
Registration for this event has closed and that we cannot accept your entry. As we had a cap of 40 submissions, we could only accept the first 40 entries.