Minneapolis, MN, August 31, 2016—This September, Mia’s 23rd annual Minneapolis Print & Drawing Fair offers the best opportunity in the Twin Cities to collect museum-quality fine art. Hundreds of original works of art on paper—ranging from Old Masters to contemporary, plus Japanese prints—are available for purchase from 13 leading dealers from the United States and Europe. New this year, the event also includes weekend activities and artist pop-up talks. The museum’s Department of Prints and Drawings presents this annual event to encourage collecting in the Twin Cities and to raise funds for acquisitions and educational programs. The Print & Drawing Fair is held Saturday and Sunday, September 17-18 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and admission is free.
At the event, beginning to experienced collectors will discover an abundance of works on paper in a variety of styles, periods, and price ranges beginning around $200. Works from Rembrandt, Picasso, and Rauschenberg, as well as some of today’s emerging artists will be available for purchase.
The Print & Drawing Fair lounge, located outside of the museum’s Reception Hall, enhances the fair experience by offering pop-up artists talks by Liu Dan, Carolyn Swiszcz, and Cole Rogers. Additionally, there are curator-led tours, hands-on poster screenprinting activities, a Photobooth, and a comfortable area to read up on prints and processes through reference books from the museum’s Print Study library and Mia’s “ArtStories” iPads. Refreshments are available for purchase at the Agra Culture Café cart.
Participating dealers include:
· Armstrong Fine Art, Chicago; 19th- and early 20th-century French prints and drawings;
· Aspinwall Editions, New York; Fine art print publisher
· C.G. Boerner, New York; Old master and modern prints and drawings
· William P. Carl Fine Prints, Durham, N.C.; 19th- and 20th-century European and American prints
· Dranoff Fine Art, New York; Post-war and contemporary art
· Flowers Gallery, New York & London; Contemporary prints and drawings
· Thomas French Fine Art, Fairlawn, Ohio; American, European, and Japanese prints and drawing
· Harlan & Weaver, New York; Contemporary print publisher
· Kraushaar Galleries, New York; 20th-century and selected contemporary American art
· August Laube, Zurich, Switzerland; Old and modern master prints and drawings
· Mary Ryan Gallery, New York; Post-war and contemporary art
· Wildwood Press, St. Louis; Contemporary prints and editions publisher
· World House Editions, Middlebury, Conn.; Publisher of prints, portfolios, and multiples; dealer in post-war and contemporary works on paper
The 2016 Minneapolis Print and Drawing Fair is presented by the Minneapolis Institute of Art’s Department of Prints and Drawings and generously supported by Nuveen Asset Management.