November 12, 2015–This holiday season, the Minneapolis Institute of Art’s (Mia) exhibitions, art collection, and unique partnerships inspire gifts for all ages at The Store at Mia. Featuring one-of-a-kind products made locally and by artists and designers from around the globe, The Store at Mia has expanded its offerings to include two pop-up shops influenced by current Mia exhibitions. As always, all proceeds from The Store support Mia and its mission.
Kicking off the shopping season, “Opt in for Art,” as Black Friday returns to Mia on November 27. From 6 a.m. to 10 a.m., visitors receive free admission to Delacroix’s Influence: The Rise of Modern Art from van Gogh to Cezanne” and free coffee and treats from Mia’s onsite Agra Culture Kitchen & Press. From 6 a.m. to 8 a.m., shoppers get 20% off all purchases at The Store (members receive an additional 10% off their usual 20% discount). Also, enjoy a gift with purchase of $100 or more all day and $5 off all Artist Statement tees designed by contemporary artists in Mia’s collection. Additionally, a take notice collaboration with Faribault Woolen Mills will launch on Black Friday, along with the release of Mia’s Rooftop Gold Honey, made by bees housed on Mia’s roof.
Directly in front of The Store, inside the museum’s Third Avenue Lobby, is “Mia + Etsy: The Chef’s Table,” a pop-up shop with a discerning culinary point of view. Inspired by Mia’s current exhibition Ferran Adrià: Notes on Creativity, The Chef’s Table features handmade products from 20 independent Etsy artists and designers, with more than 80 percent of the merchandise exclusive to Mia. Shoppers can purchase “Chef’s Choice” products favored by Twin Cities’ top chefs, including leather and waxed cloth knife rolls, beautiful hand-carved rolling pins, Phaidon’s “Cooking Bibles” cookbooks and organic washed napkins and placemats. A limited number of “A Day at el Bulli” books signed by Ferran Adrià is also available.
In “Delacroix Deluxe,” a pop-up shop on the second floor, shoppers can immerse themselves in a tantalizing selection of Turkish rugs, Moroccan jewelry and related home accents and textiles. The shop also features a curated assortment of books, all inspired by the exhibition “Delacroix’s Influence.”
A selection of exclusive holiday gifts include:
• Faribault Woolen Mills throws and scarves. An exclusive partnership with Faribault Woolen Mills to celebrate Mia’s 100th Birthday Year. These throws and scarves were delicately woven on a jacquard loom to achieve the intricate design by fifth generation craftspeople. This collaboration is a beautiful example of craftsmanship, quality and design that will transition seamlessly into everyday use. Throws $230, scarves $98.
• Fullgive Waxed Canvas & Hand Dyed Leather Chef’s Knife Roll. Each piece is meticulously hand crafted by Utah artists Scott and Joe Rawlings who are dedicated to inspiring creativity and individuality by making functional, quality leather products that clash with the mainstream. A “Chef’s Choice” item, prices start at $270.
• Coltellerie Berti knife sets. These hand forged Italian knives are masterful, heirloom-quality pieces that have been crafted using the same techniques and traditions since 1895. Each knife carries the signature of the artisan on its blade as a mark of his pride. Sets priced from $530-$1700.
• Mia bikes by Handsome Cycles. A Birthday Year collaboration with Handsome Cycles. To pay tribute to Mia’s continued support of the Twin Cities bike community, Handsome Cycles created limited editions of their popular “Fredward” and “She Devil” bikes. Men’s and women’s models available for $1099 are built to order on site in the Store.
• Mark Mothersbaugh eyewear. Beryllium frames designed by the founder of Devo. These distinctive and stylish glasses feature CR39 lenses with a silver reflective mirror coating and are 99.9% distortion free. Available in 3 styles. Rx glasses available for $320, and Sun for $345.
• Jewelry by Holly Hastings. Minnesota-based artist Holly Hastings travels the world collecting inspiration and materials for each piece of her exceptional and one of a kind creations. Collection priced from $150-$1750.
• Daria De Koning fine kewelry. Jewelry artist Daria De Koning strives to design stylish statement pieces that stand out in a crowd. Her sophisticated compositions use the finest materials and will last for many lifetimes. Prices begin at $800.
• Artist Statement t-shirts. Limited edition tees created in partnership with the Mall of America and five artists in the museum’s collection—Jenny Holzer, Alec Soth, David Rathman, Kota Ezawa, and Chris Larson. Classic and fitted sizes available for $25.
• The Art of Wonder book. In celebration of Mia’s 100th birthday, the museum commissioned some of the nation’s most talented writers, photographers, and illustrators to muse about art, creativity, and inspiration. Essayists featured include David Carr, Alec Soth, Dessa and Eric Hanson. Priced at $25.
• Mia is Mine tees, coffee mugs, and notebooks. A fresh look on classic items to show your support of Mia. Pricing varies.
• Artful gifts for kids include Alexander Girard Coloring Books, educational toys from Beyond 123 and handmade mobiles from Dundry Hill. Prices $10-$50.
Along with exceptional products at all price points, The Store at Mia offers personal service with complimentary benefits such as gift wrapping, delivery and curb-side pick-up. Private shopping appointments and design consultations are also available.