The museum is temporarily closed. Learn more.
Watercolor Resist Painting
You will need:
- White crayon or oil pastel
- Paper of any kind—even a scrap will work!
- Watercolor paints
- Paint brush(es)
- Container with water
- 1. On the paper, draw using the white crayon or oil pastel. You can draw shapes, designs, squiggles, animals—anything you want.
- 2. Using the watercolor paint, paint over the crayon to reveal the design you drew. You can try all one color, lots of different colors, stripes, or blobs.
- 3. Let your artwork dry and hang it someplace to admire!