Global Youth Exchange
What is the Global Youth Exchange?
The Global Youth Exchange fosters greater cultural understanding between 10 young adults from the US, and 10 youth from Vietnam through an arts-based curriculum, travel experience, and culminating exhibition. This is an opportunity for young participants to expand their global perspectives and develop critical thinking skills and self-confidence. Throughout the program, participants will engage in 10-15 program sessions, a one-week travel experience to Vietnam, as well as collaborative creative exploration throughout the program: meeting with artists, museum staff and other youth participants. All program and travel costs are covered by Mia.
What are the requirements to participate?
- 14-18 years old
- Passionate about sharing stories and culture
- Able to work independently and with others
- Able to commit to and attend all sessions
- Able to travel internationally
Time commitment and dates:
- Orientation: December 2019
- 15 sessions: January – May 2020, some Fridays 4:30-7pm, and Saturdays 10-5pm
- One-week travel to Vietnam: late March-early April 2020
Questions? Contact Crystal Price, Teen and Community Associate, via email, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-870-6309
No longer accepting applications. Program updates to come!
Generous support for this program is provided by the Gale Family Endowment.