The museum is temporarily closed. Learn more.
You will need:
- Crayons or oil pastels
- Black tempera paint (or another dark color)
- Toothpicks or wooden skewer
- 1. Cover your piece of paper with color! Use your crayons or oil pastels to create a pattern or single color that covers all the blank space on your paper. You can do stripes, blobs, or anything you’d like!
- 2. Cover your entire paper with tempera paint. You might need to do two layers. Let dry.
- 3. Once the paint is dry, you can use your toothpick or skewer like a pencil to scratch away a design in the paint, revealing your colorful crayon drawings underneath!