New Year Confetti Popper
This activity, created by Mia’s Art Team members Bella and Rhea, will help you reflect on the current year and prepare goals for the New Year.
To view a how-to video for this activity, click here.
You will need:
- One toilet paper tube
- Scotch tape
- Colorful patterned paper, or construction paper
- Pens, markers, pencils, paint, or other decorating materials
Keep in mind you can expand in materials to show your creativity! This is a step-by-step template that you can customize as much as you’d like. Make your confetti paper as unique as you want to.
- 1. Using your scissors, cut the top of the balloon body near the drip point.
- 2. Wrap the balloon body around the end of the toilet paper tube. Tie a knot in the neck of the balloon.
- 3. After tying the balloon closed, start decorating the outside of the popper. Cut the patterned paper to fit the outside of the popper, and use tape to secure it over both the tube and the part of the balloon that covers the tube.
- 4. After decorating the outside of your confetti popper, you can start working on the confetti itself! An easy quick way to create confetti pieces is to stack a few different colored pieces of paper together and cut them into tiny pieces. Remember to cut the paper over an extra cup or on a surface you can use to transfer the confetti into the popper. Those tiny pieces will get everywhere if you don’t have a place to keep it all bunched together!
- 5. After you carefully put the confetti pieces in the popper through the open end you can start writing your New Year’s goals! Cut long strips of paper and write 5-10 goals that you want to accomplish next year, or write things you are proud of accomplishing in the current year.
- 6. Put your confetti and goals in the open end of your confetti popper. You’re ready to celebrate with family and friends for the exciting bright new year!
- 7. Pull the tail of the popper to see your goals and confetti fly into the air.